One of the highlights of startup hegemony is the work situation in it. Many stories illustrate that working at a startup is different from the work situation in a corporation. Happy and productive. So much told. This is indeed a necessity, for a business that is running fast the condition of the engine inside must be kept strong and cold. That is why maintaining a work situation in a comfortable, happy and productive condition is very much sought after at startup. Same is the case with Hiddendoor. Hiddendoor tries to keep the team building activities strong.
Here are some tips for maintaining working conditions at startup to stay comfortable and productive.
Become a good communicator
The task of building a team that remains happy and productive is not only the task of one or two people, but a joint task. One basis for making a happy working relationship is communication that is maintained and respectful. Each individual must strive to be a good communicator, not only for himself but also for the team as a whole.
Below are a few things you can do to be a good communicator:
• Listen more. Because communication is a two-way activity, too much revealing is also not good. Train yourself to be a good listener. To balance between expressing opinions and listening to opinions.
• Focus on the topic being discussed.
• Make eye contact when communicating.
• Building team involvement (for leaders)
For leaders, valuing the autonomy of each team member is important
Startup requires optimal work from everyone in it. And everyone has a way of working and comfort in working in accordance with each individual. This is what leaders must pay attention to and optimize. Because the more comfortable the team members work with their own style of productivity is the reward.
The leader just needs to take steps to stimulate the optimal performance of each team member, such as:
• Determine the success matrix. This is useful to keep freeing the way or even the rhythm of work, but still has a clear purpose.
• Offer incentives.
• Offers flexible working hours.
• Offer training opportunities.
Building a team is not an easy and brief job. Even more teams are an important element in startup. It’s okay to focus on the product, but pay attention to the “production machine” as well as important things that can’t be missed in building a startup. Because quality products are born from a quality team.